March 23, 2007

Time Flies

Wow! I was just checking up on a few of the blogs I read and realized it has been a long time since I posted. We've been busy with house organizing and spring cleaning, and spending time outside, but mostly it seems like the days just go faster and faster. Easter will be here before I know it...

We had to cancel our camping trip for Thursday and Friday. Angus got a stomach bug in the middle of Wednesday night and my sister took him home. Rachel was disappointed that we've had to reschedule, but Doug is glad he may be able to go along when we plan another trip. My BIL and I were planning to take the kids fishing and horseback riding (both for the first time!) and Doug really wanted to be there for that. So I guess things usually work out for the best. I was bummed to miss out camping in this great weather, though. Can you believe how warm it is here already?!

I have started another new knitting project--Oat Couture's "Victorian T-Shirt" for a friend's new baby girl. It is a bigger size, so it should fit later in the year. The yarn is called Gong, a sport weight cotton. It has a pretty lace border at the hem and it's been a fun small project to tote around and knit when I find myself with a few minutes to spare. The yarn splits easily, but I LOVE the celery green color. Can't wait to finish it up and mail it off to Texas!

No comments: