March 29, 2007

Salami Toast

In the past couple of weeks Rachel has been really amusing us with Random Bits of Knowledge. Her vocabulary is great, but this is different. She makes comments and answers questions with information we had no idea she knew.

A few nights ago she came up with Doug's middle name, calling him Douglas Charles at bedtime. We have no idea where she heard it.

Yesterday as we drove home from the closing, we passed the sign that marks the beginning of the Franklin city limits. Rachel said, "We live in Franklin town." Again, I had no idea she paid any attention to me telling people where we live and that she had stored that little detail.

This morning Doug made us rye toast for breakfast. Rachel scooted into her chair with her bowl of Cheerios and announced, "That's salami toast, I want regular toast." Doug and I just looked at each other and cracked up.

If we ask her where she learns these sorts of things, she says Rose and Linda (her imaginary friends (I hope!)) tell her. She scares me sometimes...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi I found you through RSC, your socks look good so far I am a circular sock knitter for sure! (the sticks are to tempting to my two year old). Salami toast, funny. My littlest the other day kept asking for soup at breakfast and I could not figure out what it was until after a lot of work it turned out that soup was cereal! Now he has soup every day for Breakfast.