March 14, 2007

Spring Has Sprung!

It gets me every year...I think, will winter ever end? And then--Poof! It's spring!

The daffodils have been up for awhile, but now the forsythia is blooming and the Bradford Pear trees are just starting to flower, too. I have always loved Autumn best, even as a child when it meant going back to school; and my mom always looked forward to Spring. As I've grown older and definitely less tolerant of the cold weather, I have a new perspective about why she loved it so much! Alas, I fear we are still in for another cold snap or two before the warm temps are here for good.

My knitting buddies and I met up at the downtown branch of the library on Monday and again at a church in Brentwood on Tuesday. We have such a good time together and I have really loved developing these new friendships into deeper ones. I started a new purple sweater tipped in lime green for myself. It is knitting up really fast in an extra bulky wool--2 stitches to the inch on size 17 needles. Wow! I've never used needles that make one look for a vampire to slay!


Rachel has her first soccer practice of the season today at 5:00. She played the Fall season and had a great time so I signed her up again. The YMCA tries to keep the returning players together so she is excited to see which of her friends are back. Last season we played our games at 8:00 am on Saturday (Yikes!) so we are hoping we get a little later start this time.


I went to the Preds game last night with my brother, Lou, and Beth, a good friend/ex-coworker. Sadly, the guys lost to the Red Wings 5-2. I also found out that Beth will be moving to Tampa at the end of the month. Her husband has already left to go down and settle in & I will miss another one of my friends who has moved away. Thank goodness it is so easy to stay connected these days. I am going to go ahead and post this and I will come back and add some photos after the practice.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's always such a pleasure to see you and Rachel at the church, or where ever we may end up to knit. I wish the library could happen more than once a month. It's so much fun!

Grandma Barb said...

I have enjoyed our knitting together so much. It would be nice to find another place to meet later in the week. Seems like it all falls on Monday and Tuesday. And Miss Rachel - I had fun looking for the "lost" objects!!