March 5, 2007

It's Been Awhile

Wow. There's been a lot going on here at home, but I've been having fun, too. I am almost done with my first beaded project and I am totally hooked.

This little purse is made from one skein of Koigu and 6mm glass beads. I am still working on the i-cord for the handle but I think I'll finish it up this morning. The pattern is from the 2007 Knitting Pattern-a-Day Calendar. Apart from the time involved in pre-stringing literally hundreds of beads, this is one of the most rewarding projects I've done. It's much simpler than it looks which is always a plus. I am already planning my next beaded project--a bracelet using the Kreinik braided filament. My first project on size 0 needles. Yikes!

I have finished the body and hood of Angus' sweater and just need to finish the sleeves. I have purchased some buttons and am trying to decide which ones I like the best. Feel free to comment with a vote! :)


No comments: