April 17, 2008

Makeover

I got my hair cut this morning and decided to go for a big change.

I have been doing a lot of work on myself in the last few months and am trying to become more authentic, as they say these days. I am discovering that doing things to make someone else happy may be a quick fix and can even seem admirable (putting others first feels noble), but it doesn't work in the long run. Before my wedding I grew my hair long so I could have the up-do I wanted. Doug likes longer hair too, so I kept it that way. Recently I have found myself hating it. It was hard to take care of, got in the way, and most of all, didn't reflect how I feel about myself. I wanted spunky and fun and, thanks to Tony (the best hairdresser I've ever had), I got just that:


I love it and feel about 10 years younger. I don't think I've ever really had bangs before, but I think they look good. Hopefully, I will be able to keep up the style. I might have to buy one of those flat irons, I'll see how it goes.

Also, the Predators won again last night, final score 3-2, tying the series 2-2. The Preds scored two very quick goals at the start of the game and kept the Red Wings behind the entire game, largely due to the outstanding play of goaltender, Dan Ellis, who stopped 39 shots.


The game didn't start until 8 pm and even though Rachel took an afternoon nap, she started to fade around 10.



Some other highlights from the game:

Gov. Phil Bredesen & Andrea Conte give the ceremonial puck drop.


The Pred Nation stands to salute Our Team.


The catfish thrown on the ice for good luck.

The Arena will be open tomorrow night to watch Game 5  from Detroit for free on the Megatron. It should be a lot of fun, almost like a home game, and I hope we can go down to watch. Game 6 will be back here in Nashville on Sunday afternoon.

1 comment:

Grandma Barb said...

Hey Catherine -

I love your hair! You've inspired me now - I think I'll go get some of mine cut tomorrow! You look great - we missed you today and you missed lunch at Olive Garden!

Love,

Barb