August 2, 2007

Knitting for Gifts

I have been finishing up some of the WIPs I have laying around before I succumb to the urge to start something new.


Here is the baby blanket I made from Blue Sky Organic Cotton, colorway 85, for a friend who is having her first baby --a boy--in October. The pattern is adapted from natural knits for babies and moms. The finished dimensions of the blanket in the book was only 18" x 24" . I thought that seemed a bit small, so I added some stitches to the width and knitted a couple of extra repeats. It's not huge now either (approx. 24" x 27"), but I think the size is good for a stroller or car seat, or just carrying around for snuggling. The yarn is wonderful--very soft to touch and a beautiful twist of cream and silvery green.



This is another one of the Koigu beaded purses I have been making. This time in a bright tomato red for a friend who loves all things red.

While it can seem a little sad to give away so much of my knitting, I really love the idea that my time, energy and love are in every stitch --and I know that the people I give things to appreciate that.

No comments: