August 9, 2007

Beat the Heat

One of the advantages to this heatwave (heat index is 107 degrees today) is the fact that I feel no guilt whatsoever in staying indoors.

This morning I drove out to Murfreesboro to visit a favorite LYS, The Knaughty Knitter. Meredith has a SnB on Thursday mornings and today she was having a big sale as well. I bought 4 skeins of ArtYarns Ultramerino 8, some Berroco Suede to make a top for my sister Christine, Crytal Palace Maizy for socks, and Tatamy Tweed by Kraemer Yarns to make Rachel a sweater. Whew! Good thing I have my birthday as an excuse! lol

My friends Laurie and Sally were there, too, and it was fun to shop & knit a little. I haven't been making it out on Thursdays since school let out so it was a special treat. School starts for Rachel on the 15th, so I'm sure I'll be making it out there on a more regular basis.

I am still working on the "Polly Pocket Dress" in Rowan Denim from Miss Bea's Seaside. I'll post a photo when I get a little further along. I am almost done with the back but it doesn't look like much as yet.

1 comment:

Grandma Barb said...

Looks like you and I shopped ourselves out today!!