August 7, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today was my 41st birthday and I had a terrific day. I got wonderful voicemails and e-cards from dear friends and family--thanks everyone!


A few weeks ago I signed up to take a watercolor class from Gail McDaniel and today was the first day (a nice coincidence!). This is my first watercolor from a still life that was today's subject. I still need to add a few more details, but all in all I was pretty happy with it. It has been many years since I did any painting and it was a lot of fun to get out of the house and do something that is just for me.


Next, I had lunch with my sister Christine, my brother Lou, and BIL Eddie at Cozymel's. Rachel was still at the drop-in childcare place and it was a delicious and peaceful lunch. They gave me gardening & art supplies and these beautiful flowers.


After lunch I picked up Rachel & went to see my friends at our Tuesday afternoon knitting group. A couple of members were missing (see you soon Jinjifore & Barb!) but we had a great time together as always.

I didn't make it down to Stillwaters Cafe for the evening Meetup group since Doug and I planned to go out to Red Lobster for dinner. Dinner was delicious and I hope to make it down to see Phyllis and Co. next week.

All told, it was a wonderful birthday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday!