April 17, 2007

Preds Lose at the Shark Tank

I am going to go back and try to catch up on the last couple of weeks of posts--somehow the blog is the thing that went to the back burner with Easter, taxes, etc.

Until then, I thought I would jump on and lick my wounds a little after the pounding the Nashville Predators took against the Sharks in San Jose last night. This matchup is one of the most heated and exciting in this year's Playoffs and it's getting a lot of media attention. Even when we lose it's great hockey--tune in and support the Preds!

I was so excited to sit down at 9:00 (Rachel tucked away in bed) and watch the whole game uninterrupted. It wasn't to be however as I found, upon returning from the kitchen during a commercial, that Versus (Dish Network Ch. 151) had pulled the feed. I messed around with the TV and the DVR figuring it had to be a problem on our end, and then called my sister who is also a Dish customer. Same thing there. Instead of blacking out the programming before the game, they yanked the feed In. The. Middle. of. the. Bloody. First. Period. and I. Missed. Nashville's. Only. Goal. Doug found the game on another channel (which is why the must have stopped the coverage) but not before I got pretty ticked off.

After that the Preds were pretty much outplayed in every department, except of course when it comes to drawing penalties. We shine in the Box. The Sharks are just too strong and if we have any chance at all of surviving this series the Preds are going to have to stop wearing themselves out killing off Power Plays and save their energy for scoring goals. It is really frustrating watching the Sharks bait (no pun intended) our players and then watching them fall for it. I don't think our problems lie at the feet of Tomas Vokoun, or even Barry Trotz. I think it's an experience and self-discipline issue and the Predators are going to have to learn to keep their heads about them to survive. I hope we can pick up the next game in San Jose on Wednesday and then we are back home on Friday.

Series stands 2-1 in favor of the Sharks.

No comments: