February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Hearts Day! I finished one of the "Fetching" fingerless mitts last night and I am happy with it. If I make another pair for me I might add a few rows near the end. I'm not sure where on the hand they are designed to end, but they feel a little short to me. But then, my hands are a bit bigger than average I think. I also cast on Square#3 for the Lizard Ridge afghan--photo coming soon.

I am very excited to be going downtown today to see my friend David at Falcon Feather Fibers. He is teaching a sock class today and a few of the SnBers are going. Falcon Feather is run by an amazing woman named Phyllis and it is sort of a fibers-based community center. They have a gorgeous studio where they will hold workshops and classes and they work with some of the neighborhood young people. I really admire the desire to build community through artistic pursuits. I think their website is still under construction, but keep an eye out. I think Phyllis will be planning a lot of fun things to see & do down there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Phyllis is a wonderful person and I worked with her when she was in Baltimore. She will be a huge asset to the community

Ed Cummins