February 9, 2007

Back to Regular Programming...

In between bouts of grieving for Da Bears, stressing over where to send Rachel for Pre-K and running to my physical therapy appointments for my "frozen shoulder"--I have also been knitting! Here's what's going on with the UFOs:

Found out at a SnB this week that I made a mistake in the Calorimetry pattern. I went home, completely ripped it out and started over. I am back to the midway point & here's what it looks like. I am using ArtYarns Handpaint Stripes in 100% merino, colorway 101. I don't know what they do to wool these days, but I am just amazed by the softness of this yarn. Plus, it's machine washable; a nice feature in a headband I think.


I am also continuing to work on the Lizard Ridge afghan. Here is block #2. These colors aren't as dramatic as those in the first block, but when there are more I think they will all work together. I have enough Kureyon for two more squares so check back for the next installment.


Here is a sneak peek at some upcoming projects:

First, the yarn for my Fetching fingerless mitts (free pattern on the Knitty website). It was really hard choosing a color for these, but the Cascade Cash Vero is getting rave reviews. If the pattern is as much fun as everyone says it is maybe I'll be making more and I can get one of those other colors...

This yarn is "Flurries" by Tilli Tomas. It is also 100% wool with glass beads already on it. Sheila Weinberger of Threaded Bliss designed the pattern you see here. Another beautiful yarn I can't wait to use! Thanks, Sheila! Checkout the link in the left column to see her website.
Finally, this is the Cascade 220 I purchased to make the Ayla felted mini backpack for Rachel. This pattern is also on the current Knitty pattern page. See the finished product: http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall06/PATTayla.html Pink & purple for Rachel, knocking out colorwork and felting for me--a match made in heaven!

No comments: