May 13, 2007

Mother's Day, Sort Of

Well, today was Mother's Day but it was basically a non-event for me. Doug is of the opinion that Mother's Day is really about his mother, not me. While I don't expect to be showered with lavish and expensive gifts, it would have been nice to get a little pampering--sleep late, breakfast in bed, maybe a card or at least a verbal, "Thanks for all you do, honey. You're a great Mom."


Although Christine & Lou called to wish me a Happy Mother's Day (thank you, guys!) I got none of those things from Doug. This is what I spent my day doing:

This area had been Doug's dumping ground for all the cut branches and trimmings from the yard--I wish I had taken a "before" picture". It was a lot of work, but now we have nice raised beds for our veggie garden and I'll be sure to post some pics as the tomatoes, etc. come along. I am going to put the herb garden in here, too, until I have the patio put in and have a good spot closer to the house.

Usually, I get Doug to take a photo of Rachel and I together, but I even forgot to do that. I am tired and just going to turn in early...

No comments: